Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology ( Buet ) admission circular
Study Level :
The applicant should pay the application fee through SMS according to their respective group as given in the table below:
|Group||Division||Fee for Application and Admission Test (Taka)|
|“KA”||Engineering departments, and Urban and Regional Planning department||Tk. 700/-
(Seven hundred taka only)
|“KHA”||Engineering departments, Urban and Regional Planning department, and Architecture department||Tk. 800/-
(Eight hundred taka only)
- The applicant should pass SSC or Dakhil or equivalent examination from any of the Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Boards or Madrasa Education Board or Technical Education Board with at least a GPA of 4.00 in a scale of 5.00 or with at least an equivalent GPA in an equivalent examination administered by a foreign education board.The applicant should pass HSC or Alim or equivalent examination with Grade Point 5.00 in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, and at least Grade Point 4.00 in English from any of the Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Boards or Madrasa Education Board or Technical Education Board or an equivalent total grade in equivalent courses from a foreign education board.
A maximum of 8000 applicants from all the correctly filled up applications will be selected to sit for the admission test; however, all applicants securing 8000th position will be allowed to sit for the test. A merit list will be prepared based on the total grade points earned by each applicant in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English in HSC or equivalent examination. In case of applicants obtaining the same total grade point, the relative merit position will be determined by GPA obtained in HSC examination, and then GPA obtained in SSC examination.
- Applicants passing the GCE “O” Level and GCE “A” Level and willing to participate in the admission test should earn an average of B grade in at least five subjects (including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English) in GCE “O” Level examination and A grades in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in GCE “A” Level examination.
All GCE “O” level and GCE “A” Level applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements will be allowed to sit for the admission test.
- All tribal applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements will be allowed to sit for the admission test.
- Important dates and timetable:
1. Start of online submission of the application form 07 Sep 2011, Wednesday,
2. End of online submission of the application form 28 Sep 2011, Wednesday,
3. End of Payment of Application Fee through SMS 28 Sep 2011, Wednesday,
4. Submission of application form marked by the symbol E, T, S, or R to the Registrar Office 07 Sep 2011, Wednesday to
01 Oct 2011, Saturday.
10:00 AM – 04:30 PM
5. Publication of the list of applicants eligible to sit for the admission test 09 Oct 2011, Sunday 6. Admission Test 15 Oct 2011, Saturday,
7. Last date of publication of applicants selected in the admission test 30 Oct 2011, Sunday
- The Registrar Office will be closed on Thursdays, Fridays and other Government holidays.
- No applicant will be allowed to enter into the examination hall 30 minutes after the commencement of the admission test.