Carrots nutritional benefits
There are lots of nutritional benefits of carrot and it would be impossible to cover them all here. Carrots are one of the richest sources of Vitamin A available for use in your daily diet. They’re also high in other Vitamins, especially those of the B complex. They’re packed with minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, chlorine, sulfur, and iron.
Both adults and children like carrots because of its crunchy texture and sweet taste. Even though the color of original carrot is orange it grows in other colors including white, yellow, red or purple.
1.Vitamin A :
- Vitamin A is essential for tissue growth in the body. Carrots contain vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. Therefore, with daily intake of carrot juice, one doesn’t need to take vitamin A supplements.
- Vitamin A in carrot is an excellent natural antioxidant. Antioxidants slow down the process of aging by scavenging on free radicals. These free radicals cause many health problems like eczema, dermatitis, wrinkles and even rashes. Thus, vitamin A in carrot juice plays a major role in skin care.
- Vitamin A is known to promote strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin A aids immune function and resistance to infections.
- Vitamin A is especially necessary in the diet of pregnant mothers as it is effective in building up and maintaining the health of mother and child. Carrot juice should be included during pregnancy and during the stage of nursing the baby as it promotes healthy milk in lactating mothers
2. One of the most important carrot juice benefits for skin is, that it fights sun damage. Carrots contain carotenoids and powerful antioxidants. Carotenoids help to protect, and condition the skin. Antioxidants in carrots increase the skin’s immunity against sun and help in healing sunburn. Drinking carrot juice in summer will act as a natural sunblock.
3. Vitamin C : in carrots help in collagen production in the body. Collagen is an essential protein for skin elasticity. Collagen helps to prevent wrinkles and locks the process of aging.
4. Potassium : Lack of potassium can make your skin dry and cause muscle spasms, which can be prevented by drinking potassium rich carrot juice.
5. Carrot juice helps to reduce blemishes. Apply carrot juice regularly on blemishes to see the effect.
6. Drinking carrot juice and plenty of water will keep your body and skin well-hydrated.
7. Carrot is used for the prevention and cure of many skin ailments. So, carrot is used as the main ingredient in many skin products.
8. It is a very good alternative medicine for the skin. Drinking carrot juice regularly will keep your skin smooth, soft and supple.
9. Carrot juice is also helpful for treating uneven skin tones due to pigmentation.
10. Carrot juice is also good for reproductive health due to the Vitamin E it contains.
11. Herbal healer : Another known sobriquet for carrot is herbal healer. Carrot juice is beneficial in preventing and curing of scars. Carrot have anti-inflammatory property, and help to revitalize and tone the skin.
12. Cleansing effect : Another of the benefits of carrot juice is its cleansing effect on the liver. It is thought to be extremely beneficial for liver juicing, as it reduces bile and fat present. However, to make the most of this benefit, it is said that you need to drink carrot juice consistently, as the liver stores the Vitamin A.
13. Juice of carrots contain essential oils, which help in proper digestion. This helps in eliminating and preventing acne. Thus, carrot juice for acne is one of the best natural acne cures.
Consuming carrot juice regularly, for a long-term will reflect well-hydrated glowing skin. Thus, the skin will not get dry and skin conditions like eczema can be avoided. Also, long-term use of carrot juice will avoid pre-mature aging because of its rich antioxidant content. So, you will prevent wrinkles, and those who have wrinkles will see a reduction in the intensity of wrinkles and dark skin spots.