Dhaka University admission 2011-12 Gha Unit
15 Sep 2011
Study Level :
Applications are invited in the prescribed Form from eligible students to take Bachelor Degree in Dhaka University in session 2010-2011 of all units (KA, KHA, GA, GHA & Cha). The preliminary application forms for admission to First Year Honors at the University of Dhaka for the academic year 2011-2012 of all units (KA, KHA, GA, GHA & Cha) can be submitted form by INTERNET from 16-08-2011 to 15-09-2011.
GHA Unit: Transfer Unit — For students of all groups mentioned in KA, KHA, and GA.
- The departments/Institutes in which the applicants can apply for admission under this transfer unit are enumerated in the admission guide of GHA unit.
- The students who have passed HSC. or equivalent examinations, or Alim under Madrasa Education Board in Humanities group, and have total GPA at least 7.0 (excluding fourth/additional subject) in their S.S.C. and HSC. or equivalent examinations are eligible to apply for admission.
- The students of Science, Agricultural Science, and Home Economics groups and Alim under Madrasa Education Board falling under KA Unit must have total GPA at least 8.00 (excluding fourth/additional subject) in their SSC. and HSC. or equivalent examinations.
- The students of Business Education, Diploma in Commerce and Business Management falling under GA Unit must have total GPA at least 7.50 (excluding fourth/additional subject) in their SSC. and HSC. or equivalent examinations.
- The students must have total GPA at least 6.0 in Bengali and English in their HSC. or equivalent examinations. But GP below 3.0 in any subject is not acceptable.
- For additional information see prospectus.
Some General Rules (Applicable for all Units)
- All applicants must fulfill the criteria set by the concerned Units and Departments/Institutes.
- G.C.E. Students: Students who have passed at least 5 subjects at the O Level Examinations, and at least 2 subjects at the A level examinations on 2010/2011, and out of these seven subjects, have at least B grade in 4 subjects and C grade in 3 subjects are eligible to apply.
Admission under Quota:
- Any student willing to be considered for admission under Ward Quota, Indigenous/Ethnic Quota, Blind Quota or Freedom Fighter(s) Children Quota must indicate the relevant quota in the preliminary application form, and submit with the form the required documents as proof of eligibility for the concerned quota.
- In the case of Ward Quota, certificate from the concerned Chairman/Director/Office head of the Department /Institute/Office of Dhaka University; for the Freedom Fighter(s) Children Quota certificate from the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs; for Indigenous/Ethnic Quota, certificate from the concerned Tribal Chief or Divisional Commissioner must be submitted with the primary application form to the concerned Unit office.
Dates of Admission Test
- Gha Unit : 18.11.2011